If you don't see the date/time you need, select "OPEN DATE/TIME" and call to make an appointment.
Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Class
The Heartsaver First CPR AED course is designed to prepare students to provide First Aid, CPR and use an automated external defibrillator (AED) in a safe, timely, and effective manner. It is intended for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulator (e.g.; OSHA), or other requirements.
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to:
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult, child, and infant alone or as a team member
- Give effective breaths using mouth to mouth or a barrier device for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult, child and infant
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult, child and infant
The manual is included with the class. You may pick it up in person in advance or it can be mailed to you for an additional 2.50.