If you don't see the date/time you need, please select "OPEN DATE/TIME" and call to make an appointment.
Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Class
The Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED course teaches students to respond to and manage illnesses and injuries in a child or an infant in the first few minutes until professional help arrives. The course is intended for those involved in child care who have a duty to respond to children’s health emergencies, including child-care workers, teachers, foster-care workers, camp counselors, youth organizations, and coaches for children’s sports organizations. This course is also ideal for parents, grandparents, babysitters, and guardians.
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to:
· List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of a rescuer giving first aid to a child or an infant
· Describe the four key steps in first aid for children and infants: prevent, protect, assess, and act
· Describe the assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, and shock
· Control bleeding and bandage wounds
· Correctly remove protective gloves
· Use an epinephrine pen
· Recognize elements of common injuries and illnesses
· Recognize the legal questions that apply to pediatric firs aid rescuers
· Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
· Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
· Recognize when someone needs CPR, and perform high-quality CPR for an infant, child, or an adult
· Give effective breaths by using mouth- to- mouth or a mask for all age groups
· Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child or an adult
· Describe when and how to help a choking infant, child or an adult
Upon successful completion of the course, including a first aid skills demonstration and a CPR and AED skills test, students receive a Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED course completion card that is valid for two years.